The Slovak Coalition of People with Obesity and Overweight has developed a project in association with the Public Health Office of the Slovak Republic, the Slovak Society of Practical Obesity, the Slovak Nordic Walking Association, STOB lecturers, Phoenix, Kompava, and sports instructors.
- In the week from 19.2. – 25.2.2021 is a 5 times a day report on obesity on TV Bratislava, where I talk about our project and the issue of obesity.
- Friday 26.2. begins “Week of overweight and obesity prevention”, within this week there will be a new article every day about the roots of obesity and its prevention at www.sklon.sk, www.mojstob.sk.
At the same time, an online call “Let’s move healthily – stop sitting” will be published, every day on www.sklon.sk a different type of exercise (Nordic Walking, Salsa, Pilates, yoga, health exercises, aerobics, exercises for seniors).
- Webinar 25.2.2021 at 6 p.m. on “What we know about obesity and its consequences for our health” with the participation of experts and a speech by Vicki Mooney.
- On Saturday we organize a free Nordic Walking mini-course.
- On 4.3.2021, STOB instructors offer online advice on nutrition and obesity prevention free of charge (measuring body composition is not possible due to strict epidemiological measures due to Covid-19).
- Since January, the Czech educational project Challenge 52 has been published on www.mojstob.sk, awarded as the best educational project for the public.
- Personally, I am most pleased with the translation and preparation for the printing of a unique publication by D. Durrer, Y. Schutz Obesity Management.
It will help us all, doctors, obesity professionals, health professionals and politicians to defend obesity as a chronic disease that needs to be treated and effectively prevented.